Local – fast appointments – we come to you – day, evening and weekends – cost effective option – approved will writing service
Do you have an extended family? Bedford
Why make a will?
What are the functions of a will?
- Clearly identifying a trusted person to execute your last wishes
- Allocating your estate to the parties you wish
- Providing information on the responsibility of under 18s in the deceased’s care
- Mitigating inheritance tax as the law can create difficulty for surviving family members
Have an extended family?
Unmarried partners, second marriages, step children or children in your care, grandparents and any other relatives not in the ‘nuclear family’.
Unfortunately, for those who have not created a will, many cases have meant that extended families have been left with little or nothing. This has often created battles to get what they believe is rightfully theirs, although there is no guarantee they will receive anything.
Benefits of creating a will
- Knowledge your loved ones are taken care of
- Simple and easy to create with our professionals
- You are completely aware of how your assets will be distributed when you pass away
What can happen if you do not have a will?
- Unmarried partners may not automatically receive anything
- Guardianship of any stepchildren may be unclear
- Family may be liable to inheritance tax on your estate
- Undue stress put upon surviving relatives
In 2015, 70% of people in the UK that died did not have a will. For the extended families of those that died, many of them would have faced uncertainty on what they would receive. Taking the small amount of time to create a will, would give you and your family peace of mind.